Colorful blooms all over the country are evidence that spring has sprung. It’s time to chase the winter gloom from your home and prepare to welcome summer. As everyone knows you have six seconds to make a first impression when meeting someone! That is also true when homebuyers go house hunting. Your home has only six seconds to make a first impression or the homebuyer will drive away. Is your home ready?
Once you grab the homebuyer’s attention how is your house going to look inside and out? A little seasonal maintenance can go a long way toward ensuring that your home is going to stand out. Traveler’s Insurance provides a home maintenance checklist to help your home make a great first impression!
- Furnace – clean or replace the filter
- Fireplace – remove any ash and have the chimney swept
- Smoke detectors – change the batteries and check that detectors are working
- Water heater – inspect for leaks or corrosion
- Air conditioning – have the system checked and tuned by a professional before turning it on for the season
- Electrical outlets – check outlets and cords for frayed wires or loose-fitting plugs. Fuse boxes and extension cords also should be checked to make sure they are not overloaded.
- Dryer – Clean lint build-up from the clothes dryer exhaust duct and the space under the dryer. Use a specialized brush to clean out the vent pipe.
- Windows – Let the sun shine in through clean windows all over the house
- Roof – Check for loosened shingles or any damage from snow or ice, and make repairs now to reduce the possibility of leaks
- Gutters: Clean leaves and debris from gutters and downspouts to keep water flowing and reduce the possibility of water damage
- Trees: Visually inspect trees for damage or rot and remove, or have professionally removed, any dead trees or limbs. Be sure all healthy trees and bushes are trimmed and away from utility wires
- Lawn Equipment: Make sure lawn mowers, tractors and other equipment are tuned up before using. Store oil and gas for lawn equipment and tools in a vented, locked area.
- Walkways and Driveways: Repair any cracks and broken or uneven surfaces to provide a safe, level walking area.
If you are thinking of buying or selling a home, why not work with the best in Luxury Real Estate! Give me a call or text at 619.980.2738 and let’s get started!