12 Things to Talk About In Fall Besides The Time Change Share
November 2, 2019
How many “Fall Back” reminders we get when the time changes? Aren’t you tired of receiving them. I want to give you something different here is a list of 12 “Fall Reminders” you can do in the fall beside just turn your clock back one hour.
12 Things to talk about instead of the time change this fall
1. Home maintenance reminders. Don’t forget to change your furnace & AC filters.
2. It's not enough to change the batteries in your smoke detectors... check that they are working too! And if you don't have a Carbon Monoxide detector, get one of those too.
3. Also Fall is a great time to vacuum out dryer vents, both inside and outside the house. And vacuum all the dust from around your furnace and hot water heater too. These are common causes of house fires.
4. Back it up. Take that extra hour and run backups on your electronic devices. Back up photos and important documents on external hard drives.
5. Go outside! Enjoy the farmers markets, a drive up to Julian to see fall foliage or take a walk on the beach.
6. Lawn maintenance. It might not be their favorite thing, but this is a great time to clean out those flower beds, plant bulbs, and fertilize the lawn.
7. Don't forget the garage. Remove all grass seed, bird seed, or other critter attracting stuff. This is the time of year those little unwanted guests go looking for a cozy place to hang out.
8. It's fire season! Time to schedule chimney and duct cleaning maintenance.
9. Help a neighbor. This is the time of year that many local food banks, meal delivery, and volunteer organizers need more hands. Make a list of some of the ways to get involved.
10. Coffee. As the weather cools, humans go into "snuggle and sip" mode. Now is a great time to invite folks to meet for a coffee, or to share the best places in your hood to get a great cuppa.
11. Food. The days are going to get shorter and darker fast. A reminder of some of the best takeout restaurants and meal delivery services in your hood will help with the return to those early evening blues.
12. Think spring! It might seem early, but if you have are thinking of selling your home in the spring, now is a great time to start thinking about those projects that have to get done first. If you need a list of preferred tradespeople who can help? Just give me a call or text at 619.980.2738 I can send it.