I love Fall! It could be because La Jolla’s best weather is generally great in September and October and yet the beaches are empty. Another reason could be that October is my birthday month. But the real reason is I just love the Autumn colors: red, burnt orange, brown and yellow. I enjoy decorating our home with pumpkins, gourds and sunflowers. Believe it or not, La Jolla really does have trees that actually change colors with the seasons. Of course, nothing like the fall foliage that the east has but it definitely can get you into the fall mood.
When the season starts changing it is the perfect time to make sure that your home is ready inside and out.
Here are few suggestions:
1. Clean gutters & drains: Make sure your gutters and drains are completely free of debris. That way when it starts to rain, there will no blockage.
2. Check your roof: Now is a good time to check for trouble spots that need to be repaired or patched. Also, check to see that no tree branches are close enough that could fall on your home during a windy rainy day.
3. Check your windows: Make sure they are sealed properly so there are no air leaks. Having air leaks can make a big difference when it comes to preserving the heat in your home. Also caulk all cracks.
4. Furnace: It is always a good idea to get it checked by a licensed heating professional and change the filter.
5. Ceiling Fans: Make sure the ceiling fans are pointed up (towards the ceilings) so that warm air will be pushed down.
6. Chimney: It is a good time to have your chimney swept to make sure there is no debris in the flute.
Once your home is ready, sit back, relax and enjoy a nice fire in the fireplace. If you are thinking of buying or selling and want to work with a seasoned Realtor (like myself) give me a call at 619-980-2738 or visit my website.
Search The Archives
Follow Michelle on Twitter
Our YouTube Channel
Visit Michelle’s Youtube Channel for More Videos – click here