The La Jolla Historical Society will host its 15th annual Secret Garden Tour Saturday May 18 10:00AM to 4:00PM. This tour is one of my favorite garden tours. If you are a garden lover, like me then this tour is a must. It’s La Jolla Historical Society’s primary annual fundraising event. The tour will feature six private gardens, two in La Jolla Farms, a traditional Muirlands Estate, a California Tudor, a Cape Cod cottage garden and a garden overlooking Torrey Pines. The exact locations are not known till the day of the event.
All Proceeds from the tour make it possible for the Society to care for its extensive and unique collection, create and expand educational programs to advocate the preservation of La Jolla’s heritage. The cost for the tour: LJHS members $40 and non-members $50. Events like the Secret Garden Tour enables the Society to preserve La Jolla’s special character and charm.
If you had been sitting on the fence debating whether to SELL your home, it is time to jump off. The waiting period is over! Bank Owned Properties (REO) and Short Sales are slowing down and equity sales are again becoming the norm.
Right now Sellers have the upper hand, with inventory at its lowest levels in years homes that are priced right are receiving multiple offers, some are even selling above the list price. Our La Jolla real estate market has not had such a housing frenzy in years. However, to capitalize on a quick sale with potential multiple offers, Sellers must present their home just right.
Here are 4 things a Seller should do to present their home in the best possible way, before it goes on the market.
- Price- One of the most important decisions a Seller will make with their Realtor (like myself) is to price the home right. Even in this market with low inventory, a home priced wrong will not sell. Pricing a home too high, causes a Seller to have to chase the market, which will never garner a Seller’s ideal price.
- Curb appeal- A well manicured lawn gives the right first impression, and the buyer will feel welcome before they open the front door. The front yard’s landscaping needs to be cleaned up and full of colorful flowers and nicely trimmed shrubbery. Do not forget the exterior of the house, make sure you touch up or re-paint the front of the house if necessary. Additionally, adding an accent color on the front door can be a welcome sight.
- Paint, New Carpet & De-cluttering is all a must! Buyers who walk into a freshly painted and carpeted home are more likely to write a offer quicker. Fresh paint and carpet gives a home an air of freshness and newness. It is important to choose mellow and neutral colors, so buyers can picture their own style preferences in the home. De-cluttering your home allows a Buyer to imagine themselves and their furniture there as well. Seeing a Seller’s family pictures and clutter all over the house is a big turn off.
- Stage Your Home. Bringing in a professional home stager is an important ingredient to sell a home fast. They are able to give a fresh eye to the house. Some stagers will work with your furniture or bring in their own. A staged house generally sells quicker and at a higher price then a non-staged home. (And isn’t that your goal) Remember you live in a home one way, but to sell it Buyers, they must be able to picture themselves there.
If you follow all of these suggestions your home will attract multiple offers and will sell quicker and at a higher price. Isn’t that the goal of every Seller?!
Thinking of selling your home and not sure of the value, give me a call 619-980-2738 for a free Comparable Market Analysis (CMA)!
If you been reading my blog for awhile you know that I’m crazy about the La Jolla Murals that have been popping up all around La Jolla these past two years. In fact three new murals debut last week.
If you haven’t seen all of them now is your chance. The Athenaeum Music and Arts Library will host a walking tour of the La Jolla Murals. The project curator and tour guide is Linda Forsha. On the tour she will be giving the walkers her incredible insights about the murals and the artists who painted them.
The tour is on May 16, it will be a great way to explore La Jolla and learn about all the colorful murals at the same time.
Don’t miss the reception at The Athenaeum once the tour ends.
Thursday April 25, 2013–Sunday April 28, 2013
I love this time year! Why do you ask? One of my favorite exhibits in San Diego is on display Art Alive at The San Diego Museum of Art! The San Diego Museum of Art invites floral designers into the galleries to interpret some of the greatest art in San Diego’s collection.
This year the 32nd annual Art Alive will feature over 103 floral designers who will present their exquisite floral interpretations of famous works of art. The goal is to bring these masterpieces to life in an amazing way filled of brilliant colors, wonderful textures and different shapes. The festivities kick off Thursday night April 25 with a private party and concludes Sunday April 28th
The covet museum’s Rotunda designer will be Bella Meyer, the granddaughter of artist Marc Chagall.
Art Alive has been a San Diego tradition for the past 31 years! It’s the Museum’s signature fundraiser, providing critical support for the permanent collection.
Did you ever imagine yourself living in your own private estate in the heart of La Jolla’s Village? Now is your chance, the late David Copley’s estate at 1252 Virginia Way, called “Fox Hole” just came on the market this week. It has 7 bedrooms, 9 full bathrooms, and 3 half baths with over 15,000 sq ft of living space. “Fox Hole” was known for hosting many lavish parties for charity. The private gated estate is situated on four-lots, and is comprised of almost an entire block of prime real estate in The Village. This can all be your for the price of $7,950,000.
The La Jolla Mansion features a mixture of architectural structures including a grand formal room, stunning chandeliers, high ceilings, ornate moldings with ceiling medallions, gorgeous fireplaces, and a grand ballroom opening onto the pool courtyard, just to name a few things.
If you would like more information, or a private showing of this one of a kind estate, please give me a call at 619-980-2738.
(This home is listed by Prudential California Realty MLS # 130017190)
I can’t believe Humphrey’s By the Bay is celebrating its 32nd year! I remember growing up in Point Loma when Humphrey’s was just a restaurant. I know I’m aging myself, but who ever thought it would become a world-class iconic Shelter Island music venue? Sunday they announced their Summer Concert line up. Call me crazy, I’m excited to see Joan Rivers on June 21!
For ticket information visit Ticketmasters
(pic via NBC7)
Here’s the lineup:
- April 15: Franz Ferdinand with special guest Palma Violets, $38
- April 17: Tegan and Sara with special guest stars, $44
- April 20: Keyshia Cole – The Woman to Woman Tour, $70
- May 26: Juanes – Loud And Unplugged Tour, $75
- June 3: Jewel – Greatest Hits Tour (solo acoustic), with special guests Atz Lee & Steve Poltz, $70
- June 6: Grace Potter & the Nocturnals, $45
- June 12: Cyndi Lauper – She’s So Unusual Tour, $58
- June 18: Michael McDonald/Boz Scaggs, $100
- June 19: Doobie Brothers, $70
- June 21: Joan Rivers, $55
- June 27: Erykah Badu, $65
- June 28: Chris Mann, $48
- July 2: Summerland Tour 2013 – Alternative Guitars, starring Everclear, Live, Filter and Sponge, $50
- July 5: America, $55
- July 6: Jim Gaffigan, $62
- July 7: Under the Sun Tour 2013, featuring Sugar Ray, Smash Mouth, Gin Blossoms, Vertical Horizon and Fastball, $65
- July 10: Railroad Earth/Bruce Hornsby & the Noisemakers, $55
- July 11: Huey Lewis & the News Sports 30th Anniversary Tour, $70
- July 14: An Evening with Yes, $60
- July 15: Garrison Keillor’s A Prairie Home Companion, $82
- July 21: Bill Cosby, $68
- July 23: Jonny Lang/Robert Randolph & the Family Band, $56
- July 26: The Fab Four – The Ultimate Tribute, $43
- July 30: Rock ‘n’ Blues Fest, featuring Ten Years After, Edgar Winter Band, Canned Heat, Rick Derringer and Pat Travers, $53
- July 31: Gipsy Kings, $74
- August 1: Chicago, $98
- August 3: Chris Isaak, $85
- August 4: Bill Maher, $79
- August 7: Willie Nelson & Family, $88
- August 8: Los Lonely Boys/Los Lobos/Alejandro Escovedo, $55
- August 9: Brandi Carlile, $43
- August 10: D’Angelo, $95
- August 14: Lyle Lovett & His Large Band, $65
- August 15: Straight No Chaser, $57
- August 16: Dave Koz & Friends Summer Horns Tour 2013, $65
- August 21: Steely Dan, with special guest Deep Blue Organ Trio, $155
- August 23: George Thorogood & the Destroyers/Buddy Guy, $72
- August 24: Toad the Wet Sprocket, $45
- August 28: Regeneration Tour 2013, featuring the Human League, Erasure’s Andy Bell and Howard Jones, $55
- September 8: Melissa Etheridge Live, $80
- September 13: Carly Rae Jepsen, with special guest Hot Chelle Rae, $55
- September 14: Tower of Power/Average White Band, $53
- September 19: Lynyrd Skynyrd, $101
- September 20:Diana Krall – Glad Rag Doll World Tour, $110
- September 21: Lila Downs, $37
- September 27: Air Supply, $49
- October 2: Jesse Cook, $40
- October 11: Keali’i Reichel, $50
Search The Archives
Follow Michelle on Twitter
Our YouTube Channel
Visit Michelle’s Youtube Channel for More Videos – click here