La Jolla’s Real Estate market is starting to heat up! Motivated buyers are showing up in droves at open houses across La Jolla, and homes priced right are receiving multiple offers. As a La Jolla Realtor I could feel the change starting a couple of months ago! Now, that Spring is here and Summer is right around the corner the frenzy of our real estate market is starting to heat up!
In fact CNNMONEY stated:
“Buying a home may never get any cheaper than this. Several housing experts are predicting that this year will be the last chance for bargain hunters to cash in on the best deals of the weak housing market.”
I think buyers are finally getting the message!
In order to successful sell your home in today’s market, here are 5 great tips!
- Curb Appeal Your home is like a person and has only 6 seconds to make the right first impression! Don’t waste it! Make sure your home’s landscaping is pristine, bright colorful flowers are planted, and the front door is freshly painted! This will give a buyer a great first impression and tell him/her that the house is well taken care of.
- De-Cutter It’s time to clean out your closets, give away old clothes to make the closets look bigger. Throw away the pile of magazines that you been saving. Get rid of oversized furniture and the junk in your garage! Put your personal photos away, otherwise it ishard for any buyer to visualize himself or herself living in your home.
- Price The key to selling your home quickly is to price it right! Don’t over price your home; otherwise you will be chasing the market down. Remember Distress Properties, Foreclosures, & REO all play a part when you are pricing your home right! Of course, there are other factors to such as; location and condition! A seasoned Realtor can help advise you.
- Staging Hire a professional stager to help stage your home. Remember you live in your home one way, but to sell it is another story! A stager can help with the de-cluttering and making an awkward space make sense! Having the house staged generally leads to a faster sell!
- Qualify the Buyers Today there are more cash sales happening then ever before. But there are plenty of homebuyers that are getting financing, so make sure that buyer has a pre-approval letter in hand. You don’t want to waste time with an unqualified buyer.
So to stay ahead of your competition: make sure your home is in pristine condition, priced right and has great curb appeal! Next, open your front door and let the world know you mean business!! There will be a sold sign on your front yard before you know it!
If you are thinking of buying or selling your home feel free to give me a call 619-980-2738! I’m here to help!
Search The Archives
Follow Michelle on Twitter
Our YouTube Channel
Visit Michelle’s Youtube Channel for More Videos – click here